nedelja, 29. november 2009

Warming up on Dachstein

This week, it took us less than 5 minutes to make up our minds and leave for Austria to spend the week. Some of you would call that a ski holidays, but I call it practice time and dialing new tricks just before the season starts over here. Because of really bad snow conditions all over the Europe, we couldn’t go anywhere else but the Dachstein ski resort has lots to offer anyways. Besides comfy apartment in the Kielerhof lodge and warm sunny afternoons, there are loads of medium sized jumps at the top of the glacier.

On the first day, I was kinda’ disappointed by how small the jumps are in comparison to the one we built at the Kanin resort last spring, but everything went smoothly. Started warming up my ankles and knees on the icy landings. Hard landing weren’t really good to my body but sometimes, you just have to be on it.
There were many of my skier buddies from all over the Europe, who were practicing for the Winter Jam in Stockholm. This event in the world’s biggest tour event, it stops in major cities to display man-made jumps. Ten of the world’s best skiers are invited to the series and they throw down the biggest tricks on the ski market at the moment. What has been happening in our industry for the past year is just plain crazy! Double corks improved so much that no one is throwing any other tricks in competitions. It is so dangerous to do the 3 or 3 ½ full rotation of the body with a combination of two flips over the head in the same trick, all that while grabbing your skis!

I wasn’t doing doubles on Dachstein but I sure had fun to practice natural (left), unnatural (right), switch (going backwards) spins on every jump. Definitely, I am ready for some slopestyle events from now on: I have my run dialed.

On the other hand, hanging out with my friends in an apartment and cooking food for them was best. We laughed so much when I was telling them stories from my summer in Down Under and Indo. We fell asleep after that, and woke up every morning ready for some action.

I am home now and I plan to do some photo shoot and interviews. Then, I’ll head back to snow and some waves.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar